June 28 - July 25, 2020
$1,600 which includes housing and food.
(Excludes travel to Mexico, medical insurance, passport, travel insurance, spending money, etc.).
Door of Faith Orphanage, La Misión, Mexico
This internship program is for Christian young adults (ages 18-30) who desire in-depth ministry and missionary training.
The internship will have four components: Hard Work, Intensive Study, Baja Adventures, and Community Living. Each week will be jam-packed with personal and group devotions, teachings, hands-on ministry with American groups and Mexican children, work projects, field trips to other ministries, and mentoring from missionaries in the field.
Each intern must agree to and sign a Ministry Covenant which outlines attitude and behavior expectations.
After an early-morning start with devotions and breakfast, interns will be given assignments at the Door of Faith Orphanage. Our goal is that the interns leave behind lasting results — “fruit that will last” (John 15:16) — for the kids in our orphanage, the people of La Misión, and the American groups who come to work alongside us. This can only be done with interns who have a great attitude, a giant work ethic, and a willingness to take leaps of faith.
The intensive study begins before the first day of internship. We will send pre-work reading for you to complete ahead of time. During your internship you will have time for personal devotions, scripture reading, journaling, debriefing, and listening to missionary veterans who will share their stories and insights from life in the field.
We will invest one day a week to visit other ministries around northern Baja to see their work on the ground and to learn from their leaders. Also, a handful of ministry veterans will come and present to our group about ministry effectiveness and following Jesus over the long-term.
Beach days, recreation days, down-time with kids at the orphanage, and cultural experiences are a few of the Baja Adventures we have planned on your days off for fun and relaxation.
Interns will live in community together, in a house with same-sex peers at the Door of Faith Orphanage. Meals will be family-style. After a full day of active ministry, teachings, and debriefs, your head will hit the pillow and you’ll be ready for a full night of sleep.
A Sample Day
6:30AM Wake up, breakfast
7:00AM Intern Meeting
8:30-Noon Work assignments, ministry field trips
12:00-1:00 Lunch and rest
1:00-5:30 Work assignments, ministry field trips
5:30-6:30 Dinner and discussion
7:00PM Evening speaker, small group debriefs, prayer
11:00PM Lights Out
Application Process and Deadlines
1.Review all the information on this website about the program.
2. Send any questions about the internship program to Gabe Landes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gabe is a long-term volunteer at DOFO who leads the internship program with his wife, Heidi.
3. Submit your application online, or print and complete the PDF version and send according to instructions at the bottom of the form. Application Form
4. Print two copies of the Reference Form and give to your references. Make sure they fill out the form and return it to us ASAP. Reference Form
5. After we receive your application AND the two completed reference forms, we will contact you to schedule a phone interview.
6. After the phone interview, candidates will be notified if they’ve been accepted into the program. NOTE: we only have a limited number of spots available and cannot accept all applicants.
7. After notification of acceptance, send us a $500 deposit to reserve your spot.
8. We’ll send your pre-work packet to you. Please complete all of the pre-work before the internship begins.
9. Pay the remaining balance due of $1,000 by May 31, 2020.
Tuition deadline: May 31, 2020